Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Funky Friday

Today I had the Friday Funks. I'm not sure why I keep having this lately. Most people have the Monday Blues...but my depression comes on Fridays. I think it's probably a combination of a lack of sleep, a lack of completion of anything around my house, and knowing that nothing will change the next day. Last Friday it hit me so hard, that I took 2 naps that day and still went to bed at 9:30. And no matter how much coffee I drink, I can't seem to shake the sleepiness and snap out of it.

So today when I woke up with the funk, I decided that after I dropped off the boys, instead of sleeping, I'd try to accomplish something (laundry, sending cards, cleaning the kitchen, etc.), and maybe that would help.

But instead I thought about this fitness blog. Deciding that I couldn't just write an excuse for not running every day, and that even though Ella was asleep in her carseat and could wake up any moment, even though I was tired as could be, and even though I had no TV set up yet to watch to distract me on my treadmill, I decided to go ahead and run.

I walked .25, ran 3 miles (with a VERY brief water break halfway through) and walked a final .25. It was slow...but steady. (and Ella slept the entire time)

And I must say, running brought me out of my funk. I was happy and alert the rest of the day (and only took my usual one nap).

So what about the rest of you...did you do anything physical today???

3 Comments:

Anonymous MomS said...

Good for you Cari by not sinking into your lethargic feelings and making that decision to use the treadmill. I know it is easier said than done, just keep thinking about the result - literally feeling good and energized. I'm glad I decided to look at this blog. It is now 9:15AM Sat morning and it is getting closer to a 10AM scupting class that I could attend. I did not have a committment to attend today, but now I will. You are my "INSPIRATION" for today. I have to walk the talk I just gave you. Thanks.

6:21 AM  
Blogger LH said...

i slogged outside, but it took me forever to get out the door. and as the clock ticked by, I got more and more depressed, and less and less willing to leave. finally peter just said, "GET OUT!" and I did. It was cold, but I took a new route and listened to Democracy Now on the IPOD and it felt good. I don't know why/how i can dislike something so much yet like it so much at the same time. weird.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

Yeah Mom. Glad you got out.

lh, I can't wait to be able to run outside. Right now Ella is too small for the jogger...and it's too cold for her. I'm debating whether or not to invest in a double stroller because I'm not sure if Max will sit in it. He tends to stand in the regular double stroller I have now, so his seat ends up acting as the coat storage!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home