Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

A day off...already

"During the hard training phase never be afraid to take a day off. If your legs are feeling unduly stiff and sore, rest; if you are at all sluggish, rest; in fact, if in doubt, rest."Bruce Fordyce

Due to stiff, sore legs from yesterday's 6 miler, and a complete lack of sleep last night, today, I rested. Okay...with my 3 kids, I certainly didn't rest...but I didn't run either.

2 Comments:

Anonymous dana said...

I am motivatied now....at the nagging of my sister...to train for the marathon...and the thought of a Tiffany's necklace at the finish has motivated me even more. I usually run about 4 1/2 to 5 miles a day with a day of rest or a ride on my exercise bike....but today, I decided to run an extra mile to motivate myself that I can ACTUALLY do this!! I ran that extra mile and felt good!! WHen I am dying in the heat running my 22 mile run...I thank you for that too Cari!!

Dana

6:22 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

Yeah for the extra mile!!!!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home