Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Motivation: Marathon

Nothing like a race to get me on track with my workouts.

I have officially registered for the Nike Women's Marathon. I figure if I'm going to torture myself for the 4th time, I might as well get a Tiffany necklace out of it.

Anyone even remotely interested in running this on October 22nd should register right away here. The half marathon is already full, so I'm not sure how much longer before the full marathon reaches registration capacity.

They ask in the registration what you're running for. I wrote 1. Chocolate, 2. Time together with long distance friends, 3. Loss of pregnancy pounds. My sister wrote that she was running for her Nagging Sister.

So what are you running or working out for?

And by the way, I EXPECT those of you who registered (Lanette, Gayle, Dana, Jaye) to post at LEAST once a week reporting where you are in your training. Lets use this forum to encourage each other!!!

Today, I ran 6 miles on the treadmill. Yippee!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Gayle said...

Do my six steps to the vending machine count?....

7:27 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

NO Gayle!!!! What's your marathon mantra again?

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Jaye said...

I have to echo Dana's motivation, except with this amendment: "My nagging sister and her nagging best friend!" Hahahahaha! I'm going to get my booty moving, I promise - again, just waiting for Doctor's okay....

Hey, I ALSO have post-pregnancy weight to lose (although my youngest "baby" is almost 20!) - hahahahahaha! Wait, that's NOT really that funny....

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home