Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Why I run or at least why I plan to....

Ok, once again I have been duped into running a marathon. This time under the guise of it being a birthday present to myself ( the 6th anniversary of my 21st birthday is October 13th). People say you should give someone else a present on your birthday so I have managed to hoodwink my best friends wife, Brandee into coming along because its such "a great experience" and a "wonderful cause". I neglected to mention that pain ensues afterwards, but I had to find out the hardway.

As far as training goes, I haven't started yet and being that my six steps to the vending machine don't count, I'm starting from ground zero. That being said, Brandee and I are going to start May 1st, going 3 days a week. My goal for this marathon is to actually run 13.1 so I'm going to need a whole lot of support.

Since I'm not that big on Chocolate these are the reasons why I run ( or will start running):

1. .... Because I quit smoking and now need another addiction
2. .... Because my butt waves goodbye for me
3. .... Because Chocolate made me fat in the first place
4. .... Because I'll be damned if my 38 year old sister looks better then me this summer.... lol..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jaye said...

Pray there aren't any "hills" (aka mountains) or pouring rain like at the Flying Pig! You'll do well at this one! YEA!!!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

Gayle you are so funny!!!!! Run girl, run!!!

12:09 PM  
Blogger keiko said...

congrats on the not smoking, it's rough. i think those reasons are sufficient. now if only i could get motivated, everyone would be amazed.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home