Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

5 miles down and 21.2 to go

Training has officially begun. Yesterday Gayle and I did 5 miles (I think, we were talking so much we lost track of how many times we went around) But I'm sure it was at least 5 miles. Since we were only walking I was surprised at all the aches and pains I felt. As a non runner, I am sure that I will have to spend a week or so in bed after this marathon. I think I'll request time off of work right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cari said...

Yeah for you two!!!!

As I runner, it took several days for me to recover after my first marathon. Someone had the bright idea to go to the San Diego Zoo the next day. We took the bus tour and that was about it. Believe it or not, walking DOWN hill is hardest after the marathon. But it's all totally worth it..and once you do one..well, you won't be able to stop.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Lanette said...

you go girls! I agree with Cari - It will be worth it - though I hope the weather will be better than the last time Gayle and I walked a marathon. But even that i remember as being a good time and a great trip!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Jaye said...

Ah, yes, the San Diego zoo - we really shouldn't have taken the bus! My legs STILL remember that! OWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I go to the doctor's this afternoon and get the verdict as to whether or not I can start running. If so, I'm definitely going to do this marathon! If not, well, I'm not going to think about that......

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Jaye said...

The Flying Pig - my absolute WORST run (though after mile 16 and the torrential rain having stopped, I DID have negative splits - just wanted to get 'er done!). It was a fun trip, though I really can't say the same about the run - but I did it, and that's what counts.

The Corning Wineglass Marathon was a really nice course (it's a gradual downhill!) and the weather was GORGEOUS! They have a team relay (which I did), which may be good as a training run (plus, there are TONS of wineries around!). PLUS, the post-race food was FANTASTIC!!! Something to think about....

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home