Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Its All In My Head...

I have managed to get out everyday this week so far (except for Monday). I'm not sure how far I went but I was out for 1 hr and 15 mins on Tuesday and for 45 mins yesterday (I'm not counting the time that I spent running from a VERY angry duck).

This week has been kind of hard motivationally speaking. It's not a matter of being out there or even not thinking that I'm not going to finish, because I KNOW that I can. It's more so been, "How come I can't get myself to run?". After I finished Tuesday, I was pretty bummed.

But something was different about yesterday. I was in the middle of Washington Crossing Park on the Continental Trail and something said you could get back to your car a lot faster if you picked up the pace. And I did. And surprisingly it didn't hurt, my chest didn't cave in and I felt good. All of a sudden those 13.1 miles don't seem so bad anymore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jaye said...

13.1 is a GREAT distance! Just long enought to be challenging, but short enough NOT to be grueling. I ran my first one in Philly last year, and LOVED it! I finished and I wasn't even fully trained! Keep it up - you're doing great!

P.S.-I can't figure out how to post my own thoughts and no one answered my email asking for help. :( Can you help me?

12:50 PM  
Blogger brandee said...

That's great. I'm really proud of you. You are officially my new role model. Now if we could only figure out what ducks have against you.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

Yeah for you!!!! Just wondering...are you only doing the 1/2, or are you doing the whole thing...running the first half walking the 2nd half. I'm confused.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

Learn to run with a bat or at least an old stale bagel.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home