Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sleep!

I'm posting again to share some fantastic news!! My little guy slept last night for a 3 hour stretch! First time ever! From midnight all the way until 3:00 am!!

I felt like an entirely new woman this morning when I got up! Since the husband is off work today and home I was able to go for a morning run and I felt so springy in my step- like the first run in new shoes. I even dared to take the short version of the hilly route and pick up the pace a bit past a shuffle (to a shuffle-step?) Had to walk on two of the top bits of hills though. My next goal is to be able to run regular version of the hilly route with no walking- but that is partially dependent on little man beginning to spread out his feeding a little longer. Good goal for maybe in a month or two.

:) I ran AND showered today so even though I continue to accomplish nothing on the growing pile of writing and work to be done- I'm feeling very successful. (Besides, I'm finding actually doing work so, so, so unimportant when compared to holding and playing with and even just sitting around looking at my little guy. Good thing I stopped the tenure clock for the coming year....)

It's beautiful weather here today- hope all of you are also having a sunny running day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cari said...

Yeah Lauren! That's awesome that you're getting out there so soon after your delivery. Did you ever think you'd be excited about getting a 3 hour stretch of sleep! Ella still isn't sleeping through the night...usually up around midnight, 3Am and 5AM. But she's so good during the day that I can't complain!!!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger KC said...

oh man, i read this and i thought that it was cari posting that MAX slept three hours for the first time and i nearly cried sympathy tears, as max is a full-blown toddler these days.

L -- congrats to you on progressing in the sleep department. :)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home