Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

sleepy run

Max had me up from 2AM to 3:30AM...singing. That crazy boy wanted to lay on the couch with me and sing. I have no clue what he was singing..but he had several tunes going on..until I finally just plopped him in his crib and let him sing the blues.

Then Ella woke up immediately after, so I had to feed her. Needless to say, I was exhausted today...almost falling asleep at the hair salon.

BUT, I had a babysitter, and wanted to get some miles in. So I ignored the fatigue and found a new lake to run around a couple times, admiring all the beautiful homes backed up to it. It took me about 35 minutes to run around it twice...not sure how far it was, but I ran.

What training are you following Lanette? When do you start your long runs?

2 Comments:

Anonymous dana said...

I've started incorporating some days of not running and doing strength exercises...such as stomach and leg exercises into my routine (resting takes a lot of effort for me). Dana

5:24 AM  
Blogger Lanette said...

I haven't started a true program yet, just trying to get myself into 10 min mile shape - yes I have slipped that far! yesterday I did 1 hour as my long run for the week. I am going to continue long runs at 1 hour to 1 hr 15 min for the rest of May until I can get back under 10 min per mile. then I will start some really training.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home