Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Rejuvenated, part II

I have been excited to run this marathon, but with a sort of major setback (anemia, causing extreme fatigue when trying to run) I was getting very worried about being able to train at all. It seemed impossible for me to run over 20 minute without feeling like I was running under water. But with the overloading of iron I have been doing in the past month, I think I am finally starting to get better! The run with Cari was my first real test, and yes we ran slow, but we ran! Since then, I have been getting out there, still running slow, but running nonetheless. I am hoping that I will soon be able to get back to 10 minute miles (yes I did say slow) for more than a few miles. I am going for 1:45 this week and 2 hours next week - a bit behind schedule but still okay. Thanks Cari for the lift!

I hope to see everyone in the Outer Banks on the weekend of Sept 22-24 for our last long run party!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cari said...

So glad you're feeling better! I'm so glad we ran together. I did run 2 hours last Sunday, and it didn't feel too hard. I was very sore that day...but some Aleve really helped. This week I ran about 4 miles yesterday, and for about an hour and 15 minutes today. I tried running hard. Next weekend I hope to do a LONG run again...what are we supposed to be up to? I was thinking of doing a 2 1/2. Oh, and Melvin said he'd give me a check tomorrow...he had to wait until his paycheck came. So expect that next week...sorry for the delay! Keep running! You're always an inspiration!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home