Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Friday, August 18, 2006

I hope your run went better than mine!!!!

Today was a good day for a long run. It was in the 70s, cloudy, almost drizzling. I was wearing some new running shorts and new running shoes. I had a babysitter, and time to run.

However, not 1/2 mile from my house, I stumbled and fell...hard...right on my knees. Blood was dripping down, and my knees were hurting, so I decided to turn back, get cleaned off and just do a few miles on the treadmill.

After only 1.5 miles on the treadmill I had to stop because the sweat oozing into my scraped knees caused too much stinging. When I sat down on the weight machine next to our treadmill, feeling defeated, I was immediately taken aback by how my right new actually appeared. It looked like someone stuffed a golf ball inside it. It was so scary looking.


Later, the swelling went down some, but then my skin turned black and blue. And the scrapes are still burning!


I better go get some ice, take some advil and try again next week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous dana said...

Can you spare the pictures so we can just use our imagination??

Dana

2:18 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

Oh, MAN!!! I'll be praying for a quick recovery.....OOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

OK...so while I read this blog, I have nothing to contribute in the fitness category. But seeing those photos of your knee!!!! OWWIE!! That's gotta smart!!

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery and as little pain and stiffness as possible to go along with it.

Kimberly

P.S. Josiah says you definitely need one of his Dora bandaids for your owwie. :) Faith suggested something a little more grown up, like Kim Possible. :)

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home