Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm Upping the Ante....

Fellow runners:

As I follow your training progress and having been inspired by the same, and, as I have received the "green light" to start running again, I have, as you know, registered for the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n Roll 1/2 marathon in January (the 14th). I now put to you a challenge to join me in this race. As you will be far enough from the Nike Women's Marathon to have recovered sufficiently, a 1/2 marathon should be no problem for you. Plus, it's a holiday weekend (and right now, R.T flights from Newark on Continental are quite reasonable!). There are many, many lovely hotels and resorts in the Phoenix area (including some villas that can sleep from 6-8 people, keeping costs low, if that is a concern). A bonus - it's a nice family vacation.

To sweeten the pot, I submit to you the following: Keiko will be running with me. She is officially registered and we will formally start training this weekend and is in the process of attempting to recruit some other friends to run with us. I must give you a quick background - Keiko HATED running. She said she would only run if someone was chasing her. Now all of that has changed, and I am both elated and proud to know that she is serious about this committment.

Will you accept the challenge and set this new goal after finishing the Women's Marathon in October? I await your answer.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaye said...

What? No takers?

7:41 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

Sorry Jaye, I just need to get through this one first before I even begin to think of another one. And, our anniversary is the 17th, so we usually do something around that weekend. But I'm so excited for you...and Keiko!!! You go girls!!!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

No problem, there are others after that....

I started a blog, too. You can find it here: http://runphoenixfirst.blogspot.com/.

You've inspired me! Thanks!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home