Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Traveling to Run

For those of you who don't know this, since Lanette and I live so far away, we arrange a trip for a girls' weekend to do a long run together. We did NOT do this for the San Diego Marathon because we I still lived in NJ, so we ran together all the time. I think our longest run for that race was from South Brunswick to New Hope. I remember going up those country hills looking for the Gatorade that Jaye was supposed to drop off for us!

When training for Twin Cities, we met in Tampa. The run wasn't great for Lanette, but the pool and beach sure was!

When training for Chicago, we met in Niagara Falls. I had a really hard time and had to cut short my long run, but Lanette did great. And we enjoyed the sites and the wineries!!!!

This weekend we're going to the Outer Banks. I'm flying into Philly on Friday and driving down with Lanette. I've never been there, and I REALLY need a break from life here. I can't wait!!!

Is anyone else planning on joining us?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaye said...

I'd love to, but 1) I have a wedding on Saturday and Children's Fellowship on Sunday, and 2) no vacation time left.

Yeah, I guess we could have coordinated the Gatorade bottles better (though I ran part of that, too, albeit injured)....

Have fun this weekend! I may organize a group run up here for Sunday afternoon (Keiko & I are inspiring a lot of our friends to run! Yippee!).

5:51 AM  
Blogger Lanette said...

You forgot about Martha's Vineyard where we both had a great run - you even ran around that little park in front of our rental house to make sure we ran 20 miles!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home