Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Triumphant at last

Lately I've been VERY worried about being able to do this marathon. With my hip and knee injuries, my long runs have been postponed over and over again. My last long run was that disasterous one in the middle of a hot day that I had to walk so much just to barely make it home.

But today, I set out to do a long run, and 3 hours and 10 minutes later I came bounding up my driveway with a smile on my face and some spring still left in my stride.

It was actually quite cool (high 50s - low 60s) and cloudy, with only a very slight breeze...perfect for running.

I started out really slow, and just sorta made my way around some lakes in the area, stopping only twice (off clock) to get a Clif bar and gatorade and to use the bathroom. I didn' t even feel the need to walk at all, and I'm pretty sure that my last hour was the fastest of all three of them. I just felt that good.

I REALLY needed a run like this.

Next big one....in the Outer Banks. Hope to see you all there! I'm flying into Philly and driving down with Lanette.

Let's get some updates from the rest of you!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaye said...

Congratulations! Great run!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Lanette said...

Okay - I still haven't caught up to you. But it's great that we have both had great long runs. Can't wait for Outer Banks!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home