Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Last long one

I ran my last long run yesterday. I know, I know....I'm supposed to be tapering. But after my crappy run in the heat of the Outer Banks, I needed to do another long run just to give myself the confidence I needed for this marathon in a couple weeks.

I was supposed to run long on Monday...but it was 83 degrees. Yesterday it was around 60....perfect! I just set out to do 3 1/2 hours. I ended up running around the perimeter of my town. And the last hour involved long country roads...which translates to long country uphills!!!! I can't believe I finished a run like that slogging up hills!

But it felt good to be able to run that far without too much trouble. My body was certainly aching that last hour...and to think in the marathon I'd have another hour to run...oh my!

So I know I probably shouldn't have, but I did it....3 1/2 hours. I just hope I didn't over do it!

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

3 1/2 hours!! As you know, you should be tapering!!
But I understand. I ran 10 miles yesterday basically to see if I could and I should be "tapering" too for the 1/2. The only thing is- that's the longest run I've done in over 2 years so I think I really did need to do it before this half! (YOU on the other hand need to TAPER!!) Went stroller-less though which concerns me... I was really tired afterwards and can only imagine how much harder this is going to be with the stroller...

Did you get all my email answers to your questions about your MEd project? Hope they were helpful- call if not.

L

11:41 AM  
Blogger L said...

3 1/2 hours!! As you know, you should be tapering!!
But I understand. I ran 10 miles yesterday basically to see if I could and I should be "tapering" too for the 1/2. The only thing is- that's the longest run I've done in over 2 years so I think I really did need to do it before this half! (YOU on the other hand need to TAPER!!) Went stroller-less though which concerns me... I was really tired afterwards and can only imagine how much harder this is going to be with the stroller...


Did you get all my email answers to your questions about your MEd project? Hope they were helpful- call if not.

L

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home