Chocolate: It's Why We Run

A community of runners (or others) logging in their progress for encouragement and motivation.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Update?

Can't wait to hear how it all went! Someone post soon please! Read a bit on Cari's blog but not enough- and where is the picture of the necklace??

The half-marathon with strollers went okay. It was an overall fun experience but my neighbor suffered an injury en route so took away from the fun. Fortunately she is feeling much better now and we're hoping it was more of a minor injury than it seemed at the time! She ended up with a troublesome knee injury the last two miles so we had to walk it in. (Well, I walked and she limped. At least the stroller made a nice crutch.) Little guy did well- slept most of the way and when he did wake up, cooed on the downhills. (I felt like cooing too- the uphills were hard for me and the break on the downhills much needed.) He did have some tears near the end but they were short-lived.

We had lots of cheers and comments- the race was @ 70% women so I felt a bit like I was out in San Fran with you all! Probably my favorite part of the whole experience was driving my car to the start, passing by all the buses, with the "official race vehicle" pass they gave us on my dashboard. It was really nice to sit and nurse in a warm car while watching all the other runners huddle in the cold desert waiting for the start. We stepped out just minutes before starting, toasty warm with cozy little ones.

Post soon with details!

L

7 Comments:

Blogger Cari said...

Congrats to you Lauren! I just got back this morning, and the others get back late tonight. Hopefully we'll all be posting soon. I've been trying to get homework and food shopping done today, and I have much more hw to do before my class tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get something posted tomorrow. But for now...Yeah for you! And as for the Tiffany necklace...Lanette likes it, I said at least it's better than a medal I'll never wear. I think it looks like one of those St. Christopher medals or something. Cameron asked me why I had a dime around my neck!!! But it did come in the fabulous box and handed to us by men in tuxes!!!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

Hi Lauren!
I was thinking about you, too on Sunday, along with my sister (Lanette), my cousin, Cari, Dana and the other runners in San Fran. Though your friend had an injury - you both finished! And with strollers! I hate running with my cell phone! Kudos to you all!

I spoke to my sister on Sunday, and heard all about the race, but I'll let you tell it. Besides, I've got to finish editing someone's dissertation! I had my own marathon with that (but for a great cause)!!!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jaye said...

Sorry about the grammar on my post - it's early, and my mind is still a bit mushy...

5:39 AM  
Anonymous dana said...

I did it!! My sister talked me into it and I was kind of nervous....thinking I have NEVER run that long or that far in my life...but with a little coaxing from my sister, I had a wonderful experience....and got a Tiffany's necklace too!! Thanks Cari....when's the next one??

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I didn't finish I can say that I'm so PROUD of Cookie, Brandee, Cari and Dana! You girls definetley Ran for Chocolate and that Tiffany's Necklace. I can't wait for the next one.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

Anonymous,
You should come with us to Arizona in Jan. for the 1/2 - you did 11, you can do 13.1! It will be fun! Resorts, spas, warm weather in the winter=good times!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous dana said...

Cari.....What are you going to post on this blog now....since the marathon is over??

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home